Are you attending Akademy 2013 in Bilbao? Help make it unforgettable, and get an exclusive Akademy 2013 t-shirt in the bargain. Please consider being a volunteer.
Help is needed for various tasks. Training is provided where necessary or requested.
- Registration, pre-registration, information desk and merchandise sales
- Prepare badges prior to the event
- Help with video recording of sessions
- Be a Session Chair; introduce speakers and manage talk rooms
- Set up conference rooms and other infrastructure such as Internet access
- Doorkeepers for the social events (check badges, provide directions)
- Press room staff
- Other jobs that make Akademy run smoothly
Please add your name to the Volunteer Wiki page.
If you are arriving early, there are opportunities to help on Thursday, 11th and Friday, 12th July.
Everybody attending the conference is welcome to to be an Akademy 2013 Volunteer. It doesn't matter where you are from, your age, your skills, whether you have ever attended a Free Software conference, or have ever been to Bilbao before. As long as you can communicate in English, you can contribute as a volunteer. For most people, being a volunteer is one of the high points of Akademy. This is an opportunity for you to make a difference for the KDE Community.
You should expect that your help will be needed for at least a couple of hours on a few days. The Team will work with you to make volunteer tasks fit with the rest of your Akademy experience.
If you want to volunteer, please add your name to the Wiki page before 30th June. This date is important for planning assignments before Akademy begins. You are welcome to sign up after that date as there is usually plenty to do.
The KDE Community and the Akademy Team says, “Thank you to all volunteers in advance!”
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or join us on #akademy on freenode IRC.