Please note that due to a BBQ ban in Vienna this event is only a picnic. Only bring food that doesn't need to be cooked or grilled.
After a week of lectures & BoFs it's time for a final social event. We reserved a BBQ place on the bank of New Danube where you all can chill, eat, swim & drink (food and drinks not provided, bring your own).
When & Where
Friday, 17th of August 6pm onwards
BBQ place #8
How to get there?
- U2 to Donaustadtbrücke
- Take exit in direction Neue Donau
- Do not cross the new danube, stay on this side of the new danube
- Outside the station turn right and go straight until you see the restaurant wake_up
- After the restaurant wake_up, go down to the riverbank and follow it for 5 minutes
- The BBQ place is directly next to the boardwalk
What to bring?
The Akademy team will provide plates, cutlery, bread and some basic condiments. You only need to bring food to eat & drinks. Also bring your swimming gear if you want to swim in the New Danube. And if you are a local maybe you can bring some fun sports stuff or music instruments.